Friday, May 31, 2013

My Altered Art...

Well, I am sliding in under the wire with my May Altered Book Pages Challenge. We were suppose to use shades of purple and throw in some red, as the red hat society does. I did not get any red in but I am tickled with my pages none the less.

The cow saying is a copy from a old book and looks it too. I was so surprised at the number of purple cow images that could be found on the internet. What a marvelous tool the internet is, how hard would it have been to come across these images without it?

The pictures of Lavender are just wonderful, what a great place to be standing for the woman in the pictures. It must smell terrific! The saying was written by Alice Walker a black author supporting the rights of black women and all women. I liked it. I believe it was first published in a book written by her in 1983.


1 comment:

  1. Looked like some red around that calf to me. Well, pink maybe, but that qualifies.

    Coleen in Ukraine

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, I am always happy to know what you think.