Wednesday, July 17, 2013

My Sticker Journal...

I received some wonderful Stickers from Marcia Becket to use in my sticker journal. I have picked out for this layout the dog stickers she sent me as well as the border stickers I used. I also used a clear sticker "You hold the key to my heart" because my dachshund Dolly really does hold a special place in my heart. She gives me lots of love and companionship and yes, I am one of those crazy people that sleeps with her dog.

First I glued together several pages to give stability for the fibers I wanted to use. Then I gessoed my pages several times, it's not that I have anything against lines in my journal, in fact I am a big fan of lines. They just wouldn't work with this layout.

I punched holes in my pages and threaded the Maya Road Fibers I choose (Santa Fe Sunset to be exact) Through my holes leaving about 7 inches hanging from the top and bottom of each page. I just love the Maya Road fibers and have been wanting to edge a page with them.

The border stickers you see at the top and bottom of each page were just the right color to go with the fibers. The little dots came from the center of the circles and were edged with the colors so they really stretched the use of these stickers.

I had fallen in love with the Dachshund sticker but felt all dogs hold keys to our hearts so used them all. After all, all dogs are blessings. I added the saying next and then pasted my Dolly's picture in. A little hand lettering and a Gold heart were all I added.

I am very pleased with my pages and can't wait to get into the stickers some more. It will be a fun summer, got to beat the heat some how! Here is a scan of my pages.

1 comment:

  1. You're right, Pattie, dogs are a blessing. Cute book. I like this idea. I need to get my dog in my art journal somewhere. Thanks for the motivation.

    :) Coleen

    ReplyDelete

Please leave comments, I am always happy to know what you think.